While making a topographic map I learned (terms, concepts, or observations)
- contour lines show elevation and the closer together they are the steeper the slope
- The farther apart they are the less steep the slope
- Molybdenum - valuable mineral that can be mined
- Topo maps can show elevation,rivers, landforms and roads but they don't show forests and landmarks
While looking for molybdenum I learned
- river basins are the land that collects water that flows into a river or other body of water
- It is tough to make decisions on where it would be cost effective to mine
- PPB mean parts per billion and a good soil sample only has 10 ppb but is worth a lot of money
- you need a lot of money and logic to be successful
- mining is competitive
- the V on the map show the direction of the run off because the V points downstream
- scale is the ratio between the distance on the map
My group earned $__________ because we were able/not able to find the molydbemun
We observed that .....
We think it happened because......
Next time we should do........